1.1. The Website makes use of clever and useful techniques to increase the ease of use and ensure the Website has a wide appeal. The best known examples of these techniques are cookies and scripts (“Cookies”). Cookies may for example be used by website owners or third parties such as advertisers who communicate through the website you visit.
1.3. It is important for NU that you know what kind of cookies we use and what they are used for, because we want to safeguard your privacy as well as the user-friendliness of the Website as much as possible. Below you will read what kind of cookies we use and what these Cookies are used for.
2. Cookies that are strictly necessary
2.1. These cookies are essential to ensure that you can use the basic functionality of the Website, and are stored on your device when you visit our Website. As these cookies are technically necessary for you to be able to use our Website, they do not require your consent. The personal data that we process as a result of placing these cookies, are therefore based on our legitimate interest (article 6(1)(f) GDPR) and/or the performance of a contract (article 6(1)(b) GDPR).
2.2. See Annex 1 below for a list of the strictly necessary cookies we use, the data they collect and how long they last.
2.3. For all other categories of cookies, your prior consent is required to use such cookies. If you do not provide such consent or revoke such consent at a later moment in time, you will only be able to access and use the functions of the Website that do not rely on such cookies. Some parts of our Website where third party content is used (and where third party cookies may be installed) will not be available to ensure that such cookies are not installed. You can give your consent at any time, should you want to visit these parts of our Website at a later moment. If you do not consent to any kind of cookies, you may also apply the configuration options that your internet browser offers. Our Website may not be able to recognize these configuration options.
3. Cookies that are functional
- to remember information you fill in on various pages during the login process so you do not have to re-enter your details;
- to pass on information from one page to the next, e.g. when you are completing a web form that consists of several pages;
- to store preferences such as language, location, the number of search results you wish to see, etc.;
- to store settings for an optimal display, such as the buffer size and resolution of your monitor;
- to read your browser settings to ensure the optimal display of our Website on your monitor;
- to detect abuse of our Website and services, e.g. by registering the number of subsequent failed login attempts;
- to balance the Website load to ensure our Website remains available;
- to offer the option to store login details so you will not have to re-enter the same information over and over again;
- to allow you the option to respond on our Website.
3.2. See Annex 1 below for a list of the functional cookies we use, the data they collect and how long they last.
4. Cookies that allow us to analyze the use of our Website
4.2. The data we collect is turned into statistics, allowing us insight into the frequency our webpage is visited, where visitors spend most time, etc. This allows us to make the structure, navigation and contents of the website as user-friendly for you as possible. We do not trace back the statistics and other reports to individuals.
- to track the number of visitors to Website;
- to track the time each visitor spends on our Website;
- to determine the order in which a visitor visits the pages on our Website;
- to assess which parts of our Website should be changed;
- to optimize our Website.
4.4. See Annex 1 below for a list of the analytical cookies we use to collect statistics, the data they collect and how long they last.
5. Cookies for the performance of our Website
5.1. Performance cookies are not necessary to see all functionalities our Website has to offer, but help us to collect information about how our Website performs and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors.
5.2. See Annex 1 below for a list of the performance cookies we use, the data they collect and how long they last.
6. Cookies for advertisement purposes
6.1. Advertisement cookies record your visit to our Website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
6.2. These cookies are used:
- to register your visit to the Website and assess your interests.
- to verify whether you clicked on an advertisement.
- to pass on information about your surfing behavior to other websites.
- to use the services of third parties to show advertisements to you.
- to tailor advertisements to you on the basis of your visit to the Website.
6.3. See Annex 1 below for a list of the advertisement cookies we use, the data they collect and how long they last.
7. Uncategorized cookies
7.1. Because of the way the Internet and websites function, it is not always possible to categorize all cookies that are placed through our Website.
7.2. See Annex 1 below for a list of the uncategorized cookies we use, the data they collect and how long they last.
8. Browser settings
8.1. If you do not wish any cookies to be placed on your computer, you can change your browser settings so you will receive a warning before a cookie is placed on your computer. You can also change the settings so that your browser rejects all cookies or third-party cookies only. You can also remove cookies already placed. Please be aware that these settings have to be changed in each browser and computer you use.
8.2. If you do not wish to receive any cookies we can no longer guarantee that our Website works correctly. Some of the functions of the Website may be disabled or you may even not be able to see some websites at all. Rejecting cookies or enabling the ‘do not track’ feature does not mean you will no longer see ads either, only that the advertisements will no longer match your interests and will be repeated more often.
8.3. The way settings can be changed is different in each browser. If necessary, please consult the help function of your browser or click on one of the following icons to go to the manual of your browser directly. You can visit www.youronlinechoices.eu if you wish to disable cookies of specific parties only.
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/delete-and-manage-
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en-GB;
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-
- Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/;
- Safari on Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac;
- Safari on iPhone and iPad: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201265.
9. FINAL REMARKS
9.2. If you still have questions and/or wish to make a comment, please contact us at email@example.com